Tokyo Dawn Labs has announced the final version of its TDR Feedback Compressor II, a freeware compressor VST effect for Windows and Mac.
The TDR Feedback Compressor II is a major design update of its critically acclaimed predecessor. The compressor is dedicated to the highest fidelity stereo program (2-buss) compression, but shines equally in classic mixing tasks.
Most modern compressors analyze the input signal to control gain reduction. This is known as a “feed-forward” topology. The TDR Feedback Compressor II, however, analyzes the output. This approach delivers unobtrusive and highly musical compression characteristics which mean the compressor is able to handle complex signals with ease.
- Beautiful “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behavior
- 64bit floating point precision for all relevant calculations
- Multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy, critical operations run up to 8 times the original rate
- Delta oversampled signal path (bit transparent without processing)
- Three side-chain filter slopes: 3dB/Oct, 6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct
- Super fast and natural sounding compression.
- Independent release controls for peak and RMS compression
- Unique control scheme
- Crest Factor control
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode. Allows to preview the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted)
TDR Feedback Compressor II is available at no cost.
More info: TDR Feedback Compressor II