Sound Dust has announced the release of Tiny Chaos Engine, a free drum machine for Kontakt featuring a collection of unlikely sound sources that include a lawn mower, kite flying, celery, static electricity, trickling water and a broken piano as well as some more obvious percussive sources.
It seems to be a good time for chaotic drum machine lovers : )
Here’s my take on the concept. It’s a lovely, complex but easy to use beauty which combines an odd palate of found sound sources with lots of variational possibilities.
And a big button marked CHAOS.
- the Chaos button for instant randomisation
- the Order button for an instant return to normality
- comprehensive editing with quick edit system
- 12 sample engines with individual articulation control
- 12 sequence engines with algorithmic looping controller
- lots of great binaural sounds
- celery !
- built in manual
Tiny Chaos Engine works well with full versions of Kontakt 4 and 5.