J1000 has announced the release of CL36, a free 3-band waveshaping soft clipper effect plugin for Windows (32-bit VST).
It shares the layout and crossover network with updated SX36. Each frequency range has the same controls – clipping amount and bias, output gain and modulation.
CL36 is great for taming transients of percussive sounds and generally instruments with sharp attacks and decays. It’s equally useful on full-mixes for squeezing out few extra dBs.
- Three-band soft-clipping with waveshapers.
- Two waveshaping curves – normal and hard.
- Additional full-range soft-clipping stage keeping levels below 0dBFS.
- Waveshaping bias control with optional LFO modulation.
- Mid+Side processing mode.
- Output filtering of low and high ends of spectrum.
- Second order (12dB/oct) crossover to preserve spectrum continuity.
- Zoomable waveform display showing combined channels output.
- 32-bit internal precision with zero latency and low CPU consumption.
The plugin is available for instant download (32-bit VST).