Softube has announced the release of v2.2.91 of its installer, which includes Saturation Knob, a free effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Saturation Knob is a modeled output distortion that can be used anywhere you need some grit. You can use it to fatten up basslines, add some harmonics and shimmer to vocals, or simply destroy your drum loop.
New version of installer contains the release of Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor, a plugin that lets you micro-manage the dynamics of your sound with ultimate precision. It makes your mixes wider and louder, shoehorn a piano into a dense mix, or curb the temper of an unruly bass guitar. The Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor lets you dive into the details – analog-style.
Installer v2.2.91 updates:
- Added Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor
- Console 1: Fixed parameter names for Console 1 adapted Summit Audio EQF-100 Full Range Equalizer
- Updated Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor gain reduction meter in Console 1
- Console 1 On-Screen Display (OSD) now checks if OSD processes are already running for both 32/64bit process names
- Improve performance for plug-ins with many meters
- Optimized DSP parameter handling of Console 1 sections
Saturation Knob is available for free as VST, AAX and Audio Units, 32-bit & 64-bit for Windows and Mac.
Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor is available at an introductory price of $199 (regular $249) through dealers and Softube’s webstore. There’s a free 20-day demo on the Drawmer 1973 at Softube.