Fretted Synth Audio has released SafFronSE, a free SoundFont player- perfect for layering soundfonts!
SafFronSE is an update to the original SafFron MIDI triggered sound font synth with a beautiful UI by Vera Kinter (ArtVera).
Updates in SE version:
- Made with the current version of SynthEdit (should fix use of multiple instances of SafFron).
- Can now load sound fonts with layers and velocity splits.
- Load up to three sound fonts with separate controls for onoff, level, pan, course and fine tuning.
- Updated filter with separate envelopes for cutoff and resonance.
- Added a five band equalizer and limiter (the limiter is only designed to work with fast peaks, pushing it too hard with sustained material will result in a not pretty distortion).
- Updated all of the effects.
To load soundfonts click ‘Open’ button on top and browse your soundfonts folder. To select multiple soundfonts (up to three), repeat again this step, but instead of button number one selected, use layer two and then three. The ‘On’ button must be selected in layering mode to each layer loaded with soundfonts.
More info: SafFronSE Soundfont Player VSTi