Xen-Arts has released IVOR – microtonal virtual analog VSTi synthesizer. IVOR is a freeware 32-bit VSTi for Windows XP or higher and it comes with 98 factory patches and 54 microtonal tunings.
IVOR is a two-oscillator subtractive synthesizer that features full-controller MIDI Pitch Microtuning using MTS (MIDI Tuning Standard), where any MIDI Note Number can be freely microtuned to any desired pitch across the MIDI range, thereby enabling musicians and composers to explore the vast expressive possibilities of composing music with alternative intonation systems.
IVOR is a microtonal sound-designer’s virtual analog synthesizer with a carefully designed ergonomic workflow for quickly creating powerful sounding and musical useful timbres.
- A ‘knob-less’ design featuring slider controls only, which enables intuitive direct control with a computer mouse.
- A dedicated control signal system mapped to the most important synthesis functions.
- Settings are made by typing values into fields, dropdown lists, left-and-right arrows, switches and sliders.
- Enables musicians to specify precise microtonal pitch-bend settings.
- Features arbitrary microtonal oscillator transposition settings.
- Velocity modulation of harmonics enables dynamically playing harmonics of the fundamental pitch.
More info: IVOR VSTi