Solcito Musica has announced the release of version 2.0 of its Crio– free virtual synthesizer (VST instrument) plugin for Windows operating systems.
Crio is a virtual monophonic analog/FM synthesizer to make arpeggios, bass, solos, leads, FX-style sounds, to be used at studio or live. Minimal controls, maximum functionality. It brings facilities to drastically modify the sounds on the fly, while playing.
The LFO has special functions for rhythmic uses, such as quantization of waveforms synchronized with tempo. The user must use the Modulation Wheel to check the importance of the modifications that can be done at live.
New in version 2.0:
- Solved lost LFO modulations in certain host and DAWs.
- Added “Eco CPU” button to save CPU.
- Added Ring Modulation.
- Added modulations from Env and from LFO to the selected “mod frq” in the Oscillator.
- Added more frequencies in the “mod frq” selector in the Oscillator.
- Maximum envelope times were extended.
- Expanded the LFO rate range when the selector “rate source” is set to “synt”.
- Added option of 2 octaves to the suboscillator.
- Improved sensibility in the knob “cut” of the filter.
- Now the phase relationship in the Oscillator is set automatically, so the push-button “phase – reset” was removed.
- Now the trigger push-button (F1) in the LFO works on both options of the “trigger” selector: “kbd” and “free”. Previously only worked on “kbd”.
- Improved the pitch wheel performance.
- Eliminated artifacts in the attack of notes when selected quantized noise wave in the LFO.
- Increased the maximum volume of audio output.
- Added a limiter to avoid unwanted audio clips.
- The preset panel allows to view longer preset names.
- There’s less keys in the keyboard of the GUI.
- Presets of previous versions can be loaded but those are not 100% compatible.
Crio 2.0 free virtual synthesizer is available for instant download (no registration required).