SampleScience has announced the release of Room Piano, a free lo-fi piano VST/AU instrument plugin for Windows and Mac systems.
Room Piano is featuring the sound of a physically modelled piano. The sound is lo-fi and intimate, it can be smooth out (or not) using the multiple onboard sound shaping tools.
The plugin is based on a very small sound set and requires very few CPU to run. The piano sound can be enhanced by a sublayer which can also be played alone to create bass lines. A vinyl layer has been added for more grit, but you can turn it off if is not your thing.
The main features of Room Piano are:
- Physically modelled piano sampled each 3 notes, 1 velocity, 37.8MB in size;
- Onboard Attack and release controls;
- Vinyl and sub (sine waveform) sound layers;
- Full-featured LFO with routing selectors for input and output;
- Amplitude range controls as well as PreGain to ensure that your sound is always clean (or dirty, depending on your needs);
- Individual outputs for each sound layer;
- Lowpass and Highpass filter.
Room Piano works with all major DAW’s and is available in VST & AU plugin formats (32- & 64-bit) for Windows and Mac OS X. In the download are also included sampler instruments for Kontakt 4, Reason NN-XT, Apple EXS24, as well as SF2 and SFZ files.
More information and download link on SampleScience website.