With the launch of FL Studio 20.5, Image-Line are excited to announce FLEX, an advanced “production focused” synthesizer instrument plugin. Best of all, FLEX is free with all FL Studio editions.
FLEX is an advanced preset-based instrument built on subtractive, wavetable, multisample, FM & AM synthesis. The 8 Macros control custom synthesis targets for each patch, allowing you to focus on what’s most important – making music.
Plus, as usual, there are lots of workflow enhancements for your favorite DAW. Below is the list with all additions and changes in FL Studio:
- macOS VST/AU – FL Studio can now be used as a VST or AU plugin on macOS hosts that support VST or AU plugins. Windows hosts can use VST.
- Browser – (Alt+Click) to preview samples to their end. Click the stop on the transport panel to end early.
- FILE settings – Option to change the maximum number of backup files.
- Playlist / Piano roll – Mute selection (Shift+M). Unmute selection (Alt+Shift+M).
- Plugin Manager – Checkmark for favorite plugins is now a star.
- FL Studio performance monitor – VIEW > Plugin performance monitor. Useful to identify resource-heavy plugins.
- Patcher – Option to show CPU usage of modules. Right-click workspace > View > Performance.
- Channels & Effects – Added ‘Don’t show this in the future’ option when deleting Channels and Effects.
- Reset popup warnings – Option on the General Settings tab.
- MIDI Options – The MIDI device list will be updated when the computer wakes up after sleep mode.
- MIDI – Added ‘Don’t show this in future’ for error messages when a MIDI device can’t open.
- Plugins – Deleting plugins now asks for confirmation (since there is no undo).
- SoundFonts – DirectWave will open when a SoundFont file is dropped on the Channel Rack.
- Templates – Are now set under the General Settings tab.
Many plugins were updated with support for macOS, also free preset banks were added (for Harmless and Sytrus), plus lots of other improves and interesting additions.
More information: Image-Line