Big Fish Audio has announced the release of Momentum, a free VST/AU plugin that “unlocks the potential of your loops and samples with the next generation of sound sculpting tools”.
Momentum is the next generation of KLI (Kontakt Loop Interface). This plugin is a loop transformation platform that allows you to slice, stretch, change the key, rearrange, and compose from multiple samples and sources, as well as find that perfect one-shot inside your loop. You also have access to Big Fish Audio’s loop libraries right inside the plugin.
- Slice effects: Apply 18 different effects on specific sections of your loop. Alter each slice individually with effects like pitch, stutter, delay, reverse, and more.
- Load your own samples: Drag and drop any WAV or AIFF file into the plugin and use the power of Momentum to create something new.
- Smart BPM and key stretching: Stretch your loops beyond conventional BPM and key limits by adding custom slice information to your sounds.
- Edit with MIDI: Each slice gets automatically assigned its own MIDI note so you can rearrange and play loops in a way that fits your music.
- One-shot engine: Find those perfect one-shots in any section of a loop or sample. Simply slice and play.
- Industry-leading store: With built-in access to Big Fish Audio’s libraries, you have hundreds of thousands of professional loops and sounds at your fingertips.
- 1.8GB of free content: Free kits from six of Big Fish Audio’s top loop libraries across multiple genres.
- Access your files anywhere: Your Momentum purchases are available to download at any time no matter where you’re making music.
- Your KLI purchases in the plugin: All your previous purchases of KLI branded products are ready to be used inside Momentum.
Momentum is completely free and doesn’t have any subscription fees. It is available in VST, AU and AAX plugin versions for Windows and macOS.
More information: Big Fish Audio