Orchestral Tools has announced the release of Layers, a free orchestral instrument library for Windows and macOS (standalone & plugin).
Layers is a free orchestral instrument, and an easy way to add orchestral sounds to your compositions and productions. Draw from the finest recordings of strings, woodwinds, and brass. Generate full chords with one-touch simplicity. And seamlessly blend layers of tonal colors and dynamics with your MIDI controller.
Layers puts pristine orchestral sound right at your fingertips—for free.
- Free orchestral VST instrument
- Full orchestral patch plus individual string, woodwind, and brass sections—each with several articulations
- Simple one-touch access to major, minor, and suspended chords with multiple inversion — plus single bass notes
- Multiple, mixable mic positions and configurations
- Unique layering capability that lets you seamlessly blend instrument sections and shift dynamics using your MIDI controller
The instruments for Layers were recorded on the Teldex Scoring Stage in Berlin, a large hall with amazing acoustics. Engineers used select microphones in multiple positions and configurations. All sections featured hand-picked musicians from contemporary Berlin orchestras.
In order to download and use Layers for free, first, click the “Get it free!” blue bottom at the bottom of product page. Then, create an account and confirm it via your email. Layers runs in the free SINE Player, so SINE will handle the download and installation as follows:
- Download SINE, follow the instructions to install
- Open SINE and select “My Licenses” and you’ll see Layers – FREE DOWNLOAD listed
- Click “Details” and select the instruments and mic positions you want to download
SINE (Layers) is available as standalone program or plugin for Windows and macOS.
More information: Orchestral Tools